NEW DANISH STRATEGY FOR DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION AND HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE
A new Danish strategy for development cooperation and humanitarian assistance has been launched on the 18th of January. The new strategy enjoys the support of a broad spectrum of political parties in the Danish Parliament. You can read more about here. The new strategy is currently only available in Danish. The English version is coming soon.
Strategy for Development Assitance in Tanzania
For several years Tanzania has been one of the top recipients of Danish development assistance and Denmark is among the largest bilateral donors to the country.
The overall aim of Danida’s work in Tanzania is defined by the new Denmark-Tanzania Country Policy 2014-2018. Read more about it here
The overall objectives are to:
1. Reduce poverty and inequality and to ensure equal access of quality social services,
2. Promote inclusive green growth and employment, and
3. Strengthen democracy, good governance, rule of law and respect for all human rights.
In the menu to the left you will find:
- More information about the programmes.
- How and why the Danish embassy is active in the outlined sectors as well as achievements from the work.
- Relevant programme documents and other documents for further reading.
- Links to relevant websites.
- Contact information to the embassy staff members in charge of the programmes.
You can also read about Danida Business Partnerships for joint ventures between Tanzanian and Danish companies as well as research projects in Tanzania funded by Danida.
Lastly you can find information about the political priorities and the corporate policies of Danida and the joint strategy for development cooperation developed by the government of Tanzania and the development partners.